31 12 2015
The legacy of the project and the activity of Mediterranean Desk in a next future.
21 10 2015
JGATE hosted a two days initiative focused on market access facilitation for Mediterranean brands.
16 11 2015
In the frame of our CBC initiative “Training for technological upgrading”, Unione Industriale Pratese organized a guided visit to ITMA Fair in Milan.
17 11 2015
A networking event to show the opportunities of the Mediterranean Hyper-Cluster for the TC companies.
01 12 2015
The partner GACIC organized the Capitalization Forum at Helnan Palestine Hotel in Alexandria, final milestone event of the Project, together with Sustexnet and Meditexprojects.
24 11 2015
The partner TEXFOR organised a seminar at the Hotel La Mola in Terrassa to analyse and discuss challenges of the Catalan and Mediterranean TT clusters within our CBC initiative on the Mediterranean Cross Border Cooperation in the field of technical textiles.
The flow of products and investments between the Mediterranean countries has a long history, and the need now for the Textile and Clothing (T/C) sector is for an improvement in the quality of cross-border cooperation, and not only in its extension.
TEX-MED Clusters focuses on fostering the cross-border integration of the T/C industry of the Mediterranean area by promoting the cooperation among eight relevant T/C clusters.
The project has an innovative approach, which emphasizes the role of "entrepreneurship" for the international development of clusters and SMEs. Ultimately, it aspires to speed up the evolution of the Mediterranean T/C industry towards an integrated system.
- To increase the quantity of links, partnerships and cooperation between the T/C industries of the Mediterranean basin
- To speed up an industry evolution toward an integrated T/C Med system to replace the old "delocalisation+subcontracting" model with a more advanced and balanced "multi-localisation+co-contracting" model.
- Total budget: € 2.000.000
- Programme contribution: € 1.700.000 (85%)
- Project co-financing: € 300.000 (15%).
24 months (December 2014 till December 2015)
- A shared vision defined and long-term strategy set up for the development of the Mediterranean T/C industry.
Within this new vision further expected results are :
- Cooperation projects between clusters started up, especially on matters regarding innovation
- Cooperation initiatives between SMEs started up in order to enhance the overall and individual competitiveness of the T/C industry on the Mediterranean region vis-à-vis the international external cooperation.
Eight Textile and Clothing regions/clusters of Sabadell (Spain), Prato (Tuscany, Italy),Central Macedonia (Greece), Tunis and Monastir (Tunisia), Alexandria (Egypt), West Bank & Gaza (The Palestinian Authority) and Amman (Jordan).
- SMEs of Textile and Clothing specialized clusters
- Textile and Clothing entrepreneurs and employees of the participating regions.